Why consign with us?
Consign and Design has been in business for 5 years. We have a wonderful
reputation in the community for selling items quickly, having current and
high quality products on our floor and being customer service oriented.
Our staff is highly talented in home styling and are eager to assist
consignors and customers.
- Design-focused approach
- Our personal service is second to none
- High-end presentation of inventory
- Best reputation in the area
- Fast and convenient payment
How it works
Interested in becoming a consignor with Consign and Design? Follow the step-by-step process below to make your consigning experience an easy one! Learn more details by reading our Terms & Conditions and Consignor Agreement.
- Large Items: You may either bring in pictures of your item(s) on a digital device or email them to email@example.com. We cannot accept large consignments, like furniture, without pictures.
- Small Items: We are happy to accept small items, like home décor and accessories on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Please make sure your items are clean and polished, ready to display. Your items will be inventoried as soon as possible and we will notify you via email if there are any “No Thank You’s.” Please see the “What We Accept” tab of acceptable items if you have any questions regarding your items.
- Details: Provide as much detail about your items as possible – original price, age, dimensions or other information – that may be helpful in the pricing process.
- We price your items based off the condition, style, color, finish and purchase price. Any details provided during the initial assessment process will be taken into consideration when determining final price. Remember, we are familiar with the current resale market and know what customers are looking for – We want to sell your items!
- A one-time consignor account fee of $15 will be taken out of your first consignor check.
- A handling fee based on a percentage scale will be added to the price tag of each item. This will not affect the consignor's payment; the buyer pays this fee.
Consignment Period & Contract
- Your consignment contract lasts 60 days.
- You are able to monitor your account through our Consignor Login. It will direct you to an external website called Consignor Access.
- Any items remaining or unsold after the 60-day contract period, must be picked up within 3 days of the contract end date. The consignor may also choose to donate their item(s) or reconsign them for a lower price. It is your responsibility to monitor the consignment period.
- You will receive 50% of the sale price.
- Utilizing our interior design experts, your items will be displayed as part of a visually appealing vignette.
- Consign and Design lists most of their items on online portals, such as Facebook and Craigslist.
- Our goal is to sell your items(s) within the first 30 days.
- After your item(s) has sold, we write you a check.
- Checks are printed and available the 1st of each month.
- It is your responsibility to monitor the sales of your item(s). You may access your account through out Consignor Login tab.
- Checks will only be written in increments of $25.00 or more. Less than $25.00 will be carried over to the next sales month, you may come in and ask for a cash payout at any time, or you may use it as store credit.
- Additionally, you may choose to have your check mailed to you for a $1.00 fee.